Village Hall Opening 1952

Glatton Village Hall – Opened in 1952

This photo was taken on 24th of May 1952 at the official opening of Glatton Village Hall. Land was bought from the Peterborough Co-Op and the hall built by engineers based at RAF Glatton (Connington).

In the photo above are (from left to right):
Mr Frank Stimson (President P’Borough C0-op Society)
Mrs Frank Stimson
Mrs Harris, Lodge Farm (Committee Member)
Mr A Plant, High Haden Farm (Committee Member)
Mrs R Williams, Manor Farm (Committee Member)
Mr M Cole, High Haden Road (Committee Member)
Mr H M Williams, Manor Farm (Committee Chairman)
Mr C Anthony, Co-op Farm (Committee Member)
Mrs O Hicks, Infields Road (Committee Member)
Miss Brenda Harris, Lodge Farm (Committee Member)
Mr C Thomson (Committeen Member & Secretary)
Mrs F Thomson, Infields Road (Committee Member)

Glatton Village Hall – September 2019

 

 

Author: Terry Brignall – Chair Village Hall Committee 2019.